- 10 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 fresh tomatillos, husks removed and finely diced
- 1½ tablespoons coarse sea salt, preferably Maldon
- 1 teaspoon vitamin C powder
- 1 cup cooked Jonah crabmeat
- 40 small shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon aji amarillo paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cilantro leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Blue corn tortilla chips, to serve
Guacamole is great as-is, but adding fresh seafood makes it absolutely irresistible, especially if you love classic New England food.
Technique tip: The vitamin C powder helps keep the guacamole from browning.
Swap option: You can substitute any cooked seafood you like best.
For the guacamole:
In a bowl, mash all the ingredients together until well combined.
For the shrimp and crab salad:
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients until evenly combined. To serve: Place the guacamole in a serving bowl, top with the shrimp and crab salad, garnish with cilantro and serve with blue corn tortilla chips.