This quick and easy pasta is a great way to utilize leftover seafood. It's also a wonderful way to make a weeknight feel special with a sophisticated seafood meal that only takes minutes to make.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon sliced garlic
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces dried pasta, such as linguine or spaghetti
- 1 pint cooked clams and shrimp
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente according to package instructions.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat a saucepan over medium flame, add oil, green onions, garlic and chili flakes. Cook slightly.
3. Add about 3 ounces of the pasta water to the pan to slow down the cooking.
4. Toss in the clams and shrimp.
5. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauté pan. Adjust seasoning with salt and add additional oil and/or pasta cooking water if needed. Toss in the parsley and serve.