- 6 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound pork loin, cut into 4 pieces 1/2-inch thick
- 4 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 2 cup basic tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 8 rounds of 2-inches each
- 2 bunch es fresh oregano leaves, stems removed, to yield 1 cup
In a shallow bowl, mix flour with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Dredge pork pieces in flour mixture and set aside.
In a 12- to 14-inch sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until just smoking.
Shake excess flour from meat and place pieces in pan.
Cook until golden brown on one side, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Turn and continue cooking until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Remove pork pieces and pour out oil.
Add 1/2 cup water to pan and deglaze, scraping lightly with a wooden spoon to loosen brown bits.
Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
Replace pork in pan and coat with sauce.
Place 2 pieces fresh mozzarella over each piece of pork and place pan in oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Remove pan from oven.
Place pork on platter, surround with sauce, sprinkle with fresh oregano and serve.