Sick of sugary holiday treats? These rolls pack a savory flavorful punch.
- One 16 ounce pack of pre-made herbed pizza dough, such as Trader Joe's
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces herbed cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prep a 9-inch baking cake pan, lined in parchment paper.
1. Roll the dough into an 8-inch x 12-inch rectangle.
2. In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, garlic, onion powder and the pepper. Spread the mixture evenly onto dough, leaving a 1/2-inch boarder around the outside edge.
3. Sprinkle the pecans over the dough. Top with the green onions and sprinkle with cheese.
4. Start rolling from the long edge up, like a carpet. You will get a 12-inch long tube of dough. Cut into six 2-inch thick rounds and place in the pan, about 1/2 inch apart.
5. Allow to proof in a warm spot, until the dough doubles in size, about 45-60 minutes (or overnight in the refrigerator.)
6. Bake until dough is cooked and the tops are golden, about 22-28 minutes. Let cool slightly before "frosting."
7. Meanwhile, make the cream cheese topping. In a medium mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, salt and milk and whip until smooth.
8. Spread the icing over the top and enjoy!