- 3 medium-large tomatoes, off the vine, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
In my childhood and adolescence, this salsa recipe always signified a celebration, whether a party, a birthday or other special occasion. As I heal from my past, I have every intention to continue making it — because I believe I'm living a life worth celebrating.
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until desired consistency is reached. Gently strain through cheesecloth or a fine-mesh strainer to remove excess liquid.