There's something in this tasty chicken dinner for everyone. This two-in-one recipe is a great way to please everyone with just one package of chicken. The two different sauces add fun and variety to any dinner party.
- One 5-pound family pack chicken pieces
Cherry Barbecue Chicken
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
Sticky Sweet Candied Chicken
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Pat chicken completely dry with paper towels.
For the cherry-barbecue chicken:
In a medium bowl, mix together all sauce ingredients. Reserve 3-4 tablespoons and set aside.
Toss half of the chicken pieces in the sauce until completely covered.
For the sticky and sweet candied chicken:
In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients. Keep out 3-4 tablespoons and set aside.
Toss the remaining chicken pieces in the sauce until completely covered.
1. Arrange all of the chicken pieces two different foil-lined baking sheets.
2. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip each piece and spoon over reserved sauce. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the thickest chicken pieces reaches 165 F.
3. When done, let stand for at least 5 minutes to let the juices reabsorb into the meat before serving.