White cake mix is always a staple in my pantry. It's so simple to doll up and make a delicious dessert with everybody’s favorite flavors. This four-ingredient, luscious strawberry jam cake is sweet, summery and tastes like it's made from scratch!
- One 16.25-ounce box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- Sandra Lee's Butter and Cream Frosting
- 2 tablespoons strawberry syrup
- Red food coloring, if desired
- 1 large white chocolate unicorn (or other animal)
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Fresh strawberries
For the cake:
1. In a large bowl, blend all cake ingredients together until combined.
2. Then, with a hand mixer, beat until smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
3. Choose your pan size and bake according to box instructions. I used two 8-inch rounds to make a double layer cake.
4. Let cake cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
In a medium-sized bowl, combine 4 cups of Sandra Lee's Butter and Cream Frosting with strawberry syrup and food coloring, if using.
Mix until smooth and food coloring is evenly distributed throughout frosting.
1. Frost the first layer of the cake with a crumb coating.
2. Add a generous layer of frosting in the middle, then top with the second layer of cake.
3. Frost the outside of the cake with more frosting, making sure no cake is visible.
4. Decorate with fresh strawberries on top of the cake or use a large white chocolate animal as the centerpiece. Use rainbow sprinkles, if desired.