My simple from-scratch vanilla cupcake recipe is embellished with grape jelly for the most amazingly delicious cupcake you’ve ever tasted. I top it off with a peanut butter and jelly-buttercream frosting for the perfect taste of nostalgia in every bite.
Swap option: You can use almond butter if you have a peanut allergy.
- 2 sticks softened butter (salted, optional)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- (1 ¼) cup whole milk (room temperature)
- (3) large eggs (room temperature)
- (2) Tbs vanilla extract
- (1) cup grape jelly
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- (3) cups powdered sugar
- (1) cup of softened butter
- (1) cup creamy peanut butter
- (2) tsp vanilla extract
- (2) Tbs heavy cream
- (½) cup grape jelly
For the cupcakes:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
3. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl, then set aside.
4. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
5. In a small bowl, whisk eggs until bubbles form, then whisk in the vanilla extract.
6. Add the egg mixture to the butter and sugar, 1 egg at a time, and combine thoroughly.
7. Fold in flour mixture alternately with milk until combined, taking care not over mix.
8. Fold in 1 cup of grape jelly. Gently mix to break up the jelly.
9. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full. Do not overfill as they will rise slightly.
10. Bake for 30 minutes and test doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle. When it comes out clean, they are done.
11. Remove cupcakes from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before decorating with frosting.
For the frosting:1. With a hand mixer, combine softened butter, peanut butter, vanilla and cream.
2. Add powdered sugar gradually. Mix well until each batch is thoroughly combined.
3. Mix until smooth and creamy.
4. Gently swirl in grape jelly.
Spoon buttercream frosting into a plastic bag and snip off a small corner.
Holding the bag firmly with two hands, pipe on a generous amount of frosting in a swirl pattern.
Top with fresh grapes, if desired.