- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 can (each), drained red kidney beans, black beans and pinto beans
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Shredded cheese, sour cream and minced chives, for serving
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
I always love making a double batch of one recipe, one batch for one dinner and then another for later in the week. Marinara is incredibly versatile and always something you should have in a top-shelf pantry! This three-bean chili is packed with protein and hearty enough to feed the whole family.
Cook olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat until just melted and hot (not smoking).2.
Add onion and sauté until translucent and softened.3.
Crumble in the ground beef, breaking it up into bits with your spatula and cook until browned.4.
Add beans and marinara sauce, then combine mixture thoroughly.5.
Stir in the chili seasoning, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.6.
Spoon chili into individual bowls and garnish with shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and chives.