This potato salad recipe has been in my family for at least three generations. Creamy, slightly sweet and a little zesty, it's a go-to side dish in my house. But I could honestly eat it as a meal all by itself for lunch. I just love it!
- 1 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard (or Dijon)
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 6 large russet potatoes, boiled, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix green onions, celery, mayonnaise, mustard and relish until well combined.
2. Fold in potatoes until evenly coated by the mayonnaise dressing.
3. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to one day, to let the flavors come together.
4. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy.