I created this dish for myself after having an extraordinary pasta dinner at a swanky New York City restaurant. The combination of savory, juicy ham, tender noodles and melted cheese will make everyone in the family happy. It's the perfect excuse to bake up a big ham, then use the leftovers in this delicious meal.
Swap Option: Substitute milk, heavy cream or half-and-half for jarred Alfredo sauce. Use whatever pasta you like. You may also substitute in different cheeses, like provolone and/or pepper jack. I also like to use spaghetti, but most types of pasta will work well in here.
- 1 (12-ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 cups milk, heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1 ½ cups shredded (or finely chopped) mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups finely chopped ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F.
2. Grease your casserole dish and set aside.
3. Cook pasta per package instructions, drain and set aside.
4. In a large pot, melt butter, add milk (or heavy cream or half-and-half) and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
5. Add cheeses and Italian seasoning, then salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Once cheese is melted, fold in finely chopped ham. Gently toss cooked and drained pasta with ham and cheese mixture.
7. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 5 minutes, or until top becomes nice and golden.