Making a show-stopping dessert for Easter doesn't have to be hard. With just a few store-bought goodies like jelly beans, chocolate bunnies and marshmallows, I transform pre-made cakes into adorable desserts. These recipes are also perfect for getting the kids involved!
To make green Easter grass:
Pour coconut flakes into a large zip-top bag. Add a few drops of green food dye and mix thoroughly, tossing the bag to coat all the flakes. For a deeper color, add more dye until the desired color is achieved.
To make a Chocolate Vanilla Bunny Cake:
- Place a store-bought vanilla layer cake on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle green colored coconut around the edge of the cake and serving platter.
- Top with medium-sized chocolate bunny.
- Place smaller chocolate bunnies around the edges of the cake.
- Place small chocolate eggs across the top of the cake and rim of the plate.
- Finish with a touch of chocolate sprinkles on the top
To make the Easter Chick Basket Cake:
- Create my fast frosting and mix in a few drops of green food dye to match the green coconut.
- Place store-bought angel food cake on a serving platter.
- Frost the cake generously.
- Sprinkle green colored coconut around the bottom of the cake.
- Arrange marshmallow candies around the top of the cake, forming a circle.
- Fill the top of the cake with jelly beans and sprinkle any remaining coconut around the edge of the platter.