I am a huge lover of coffee and brownies ... and a super fan of s'mores. This dessert is what happens when you put two incredible recipes together. The best part? You don't even need a campfire to enjoy this delicious treat.
Technique tip: Adding the extra eggs to the brownie mix gives it a more cake-like texture.
Graham Cracker Bottom
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 boxed brownie mix, batter prepared according to instructions but substituting cold coffee for water and adding two extra eggs
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Mini marshmallows and your favorite chocolate candy
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
For the graham cracker bottom:
In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients.
1. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the crumbly cracker mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
2. Spoon the brownie batter evenly into each cupcake liner, filling each liner about 3/4 of the way full.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean. Set aside to cool before decorating.
For the chocolate-marshmallow frosting:
In a bowl using a hand mixer, combine the softened butter, cream cheese, cream, cocoa powder and marshmallow cream. Gradually add in the powdered sugar. Mix until smooth and creamy.
Transfer the frosting into a plastic zip-top bag and snip the tip off of one corner.
Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and embellish with a few mini marshmallows and a piece of your favorite chocolate candy.