Is there anything better than a healthy, flavor-packed salmon dinner that you can have on the table in 20 minutes? Created by my sister, Kimber Lee, this beer-poached fish dish is always a winner at my house. It’s moist, garlicky and slightly sweet, plus it can be made in an oven or on a grill.
- One 12-inch salmon fillet (about 1½ to 2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into rings
- One 12-ounce bottle dark beer
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Using aluminum foil, create a large tray directly on a baking sheet.
3. Place salmon fillet in the center of the aluminum foil, season first with garlic salt, sprinkle with brown sugar, then cover with small pieces of butter. Top with sliced onions.
4. Pour beer of choice into the bottom of the foil tray to just below the highest point of the fillet. Cover it with more aluminum foil to envelope fish completely.
5. Place the salmon into the oven for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, or until just cooked through. Enjoy!