I love embellishing a plain old can of baked beans! All it takes is some crispy bacon, sweet molasses and the heat from your favorite hot sauce to make this winning summer dish for any occasion.
Swap option: Use pancetta instead of bacon or brown sugar instead of molasses.
- 1 cup pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Montreal seasoning
- 2 cans baked beans
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a frying pan on medium heat, fry up pancetta or bacon until crispy. Add the baked beans and all ingredients, then combine thoroughly.
3. Transfer the baked bean mixture to a baking dish.
4. Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes until heated through and bubbling.