Close your eyes and dream about what your favorite apple crisp tastes like. This one will hit the spot! It's sweet, soft and crunchy all the same time. All you need is a few minutes to get the crisp together and then let the oven do the work!
Technique tip: Use any flavor of granola that you like as long as you avoid any mixes with too much dried fruit since that will affect the crisp's consistency.
Swap option: Coconut oil can be used for butter in the topping.
- 3 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Top-Shelf Baking Mix (instructions below)
- 2 medium apples (peeled, sliced and quartered)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granola
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Top-Shelf Baking Mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Combine applesauce, cinnamon, sugar and my 4-ingredient Top Shelf Baking Mix; set aside.
3. Once your apples are rinsed, peeled, cored and halved, slice the halves into ¼-inch strips and halve again.
4. Place apples in 9-inch loaf pan or pie dish and toss with lemon juice.
5. Cover apples with applesauce mixture.
6. Make the topping and crumble evenly over the top.
7. Bake until the topping is golden brown and the edges are bubbling, about 40 to 45 minutes.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.