If you loved the taste of Apple Jacks cereal as a kid, then these sweet, fall-flavored pancakes will be your new favorite morning meal. The mix is super easy to whip up in a few minutes and the apple butter syrup that tops the pancakes takes this recipe to the next level.
Swap Option: Use regular milk or water in place of buttermilk.
- 2 cups Top-Shelf Baking Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for the pan
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup apple butter
For the pancakes:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine baking mix, baking powder, cinnamon and brown sugar.
2. Add the eggs and applesauce and mix until smooth.
3. In a pan or griddle over medium heat, heat oil and portion out batter into 1/4-cup pancakes. When bubbles form, it's time to flip.
For the syrup:
1. In a small pot over medium heat, add syrup, butter and apple butter. Cook until all of the butters are melted.
2. Stir or whisk well to combine.
3. Spoon out onto pancakes and enjoy.