- 10 corn, flour or hard-shelled tortillas
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 5 tablespoons taco seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 cup jarred salsa (I like medium heat)
- 1/4 cup jalapeño juice (from jarred jalapeños)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped or shredded
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 (2.5-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) bag shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
Mexican food is my very favorite cuisine. I love absolutely everything about it, which is why I always enjoy putting together taco nights. You don't need to work all day to put this festive and flavorful meal together.
Swap option: Substitute ground turkey for the beef. If you don't want to make your own taco spice, you can always use those little packets you find in the store.
Preheat your oven to 350 F if you'd like to warm your tortillas before serving.2.
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. This takes about 10-15 minutes. Do not stir continuously so the meat has time to brown.3.
Stir in 5 tablespoons of taco seasoning.4.
Add in 1 cup of salsa and 1/4 cup of jalapeño juice. Stir meat mixture, combining thoroughly. Add in a little water. Simmer for 10 minutes.6.
As the meat cooks, arrange shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, cheese, black olives and sour cream on a separate serving platter.7.
On a cookie sheet, layer your tortillas between two clean, damp kitchen towels and place in the oven for approximately 5-10 minutes until warmed through.8.
Once the juices have cooked down, transfer beef to a serving dish, build your own tacos and enjoy!