Hoda's sister, Hala, was the inspiration for this recipe. She is the cook in the family and always makes the best salmon dishes.
Swap option: If you can't find spicy pesto, use regular pesto and add sliced fresh jalapeños.
- 1 package spicy basil pesto, preferably Whole Foods brand
- One 3-pound salmon fillet
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place the salmon filet on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread the spicy basil pesto all over the surface of the salmon filet. Layer the tomato slices on top, season with black pepper and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
3. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.