Fresh asparagus, portobello mushrooms and yellow squash make this healthy and easy pasta perfect for spring.
Swap option: If you're feeling ambitious swap the store-bought sauce for homemade.
- 1 box fettuccine
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons diced onion
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- Dried basil, to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Portobello mushroom caps, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 5 asparagus stalks, chopped
- 1 jar tomato basil sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions.
2. In a large sauté pan melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the diced onions and garlic and season with dried basil, salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the olive oil, portobello mushrooms, yellow squash and asparagus. Sauté for 3-5 minutes. Season with more basil, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the tomato basil sauce, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and blend well.
5. Drain the pasta, toss with the sauce and serve with grated Parmesan cheese on the side.