These healthy veggie and salmon bowls are so tasty and so good for you. All the ingredients are packed with essential nutrients, plus they're also full of flavor. The best part is that cleanup is a breeze!
Technique tip: To store asparagus, cut the woody ends off and place in a glass 1/2 filled with water. Keep in the fridge until ready to use. This will extend the life of the asparagus.
Swap option: For all-vegetarian bowls, sub in black beans for the salmon.
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Vegetable oil
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus, bottoms trimmed cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups baby kale, spinach or Boston lettuce
- 1 cup cooked cauliflower rice, brown rice or white rice
- 1½ pounds cooked salmon (recipe linked above)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Combine liqiuid aminos, vinegar, garlic powder and honey in a small sauce pan; heat until just under a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Let pan get hot then add vegetable oil. Warm thoroughly. Add green beans and asparagus. Let cook until they are all caramelized and crisp, tender pieces.
3. To assemble your bowls, divide greens into 4 bowls, top with rice or cauliflower rice and kale, then green beans and asparagus. Then add salmon and finish by drizzling with the sauce and garnishing with green onions and sesame seeds.