- 2 Cuban bread rolls or 1 long soft sandwich roll
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups salmon, cooked and broken into medium sized pieces
- 6 slices jambon de Bayonne
- 4 slices Gruyere cheese
- 2 dill pickles, sliced into 4 slices, lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
This dish is a late-night leftover craving which is quick to put together and satisfies your appetite with a slightly salty and crispy bite of food.
Technique tip: Use butter, which is room temperature, which will spread easier and leave your crust with a more even browning. Using a Panini press will also ensure an even cooking.
Swap option: Swap whole-grain mustard for Dijon mustard and/or Swiss for Gruyere cheese.
Spread the Dijon mustard between the two sandwich rolls, on each side.2.
On one side, place the salmon across the length of the bread. Top with the jambon.3.
On the other side, place the cheese over the mustard, followed by the pickles.4.
Place the halves together and butter the outsides.5.
Preheat a griddle to medium and toast on each side until golden, about 5 minutes.