Make waffles even more wonderful by mixing graham cracker crumbs right into the batter and topping them with chocolate sauce and mini marshmallows.
- 12 full sheets honey graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate fudge sauce
- Mini marshmallows
1. Preheat a waffle iron to medium heat.
2. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade, combine the graham crackers, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder. Grind to very fine crumbs.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and fold with a flexible spatula until a well-blended batter forms.
4. Pour the batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto the hot waffle iron and cook until golden.
5. Serve with a drizzle of chocolate fudge sauce and mini marshmallows, toasting the marshmallows with a kitchen torch, if you wish.