Make s'mores crispy and bite size by sealing marshmallows in a crispy graham-coated ravioli pocket. Then drown them in chocolate sauce and dig in.
Technique tip: The raviolis are done cooking when they begin to float.
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten with a few teaspoons water
- Medium marshmallows
- Graham cereal
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Chocolate sauce, store-bought or homemade
For the ravioli:
1. In a mixing bowl add the eggs, flour and salt. Mix the ingredients until dough forms.
2. Cut the dough in half then flour a surface and roll out each half of the dough until paper thin.
3. Brush one half of the dough with the egg wash and place marshmallows about 2 inches apart from each other. Place the other piece of dough on top then press down on the gaps in between the marshmallows. Cut into squares around the marshmallows, press the edges to seal them up, and then use a fork to crimp the edges.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Cook the raviolis for 10 to 15 minutes then place on the prepared baking sheet.
For the dredge:
1. In the bowl of a food processor blend the graham cereal into a fine dust then transfer to a shallow bowl.
2. In a second bowl beat the eggs and place the flour in a third bowl.
3. Begin by coating the raviolis in flour then dip into egg wash and coat with graham cereal dust.
To cook and serve:
1. In a heavy pot, heat oil to 350°F.
2. Carefully place the ravioli in the oil and cook until crisp and golden.
3. Garnish with chocolate sauce and serve.