Make just one batch of delightfully fruity wine punch so you're not taking drink orders all day. Instead, enjoy time with your guests ... and a great cocktail!
Blackberry Simple Syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, roughly chopped
- One bottle of dry red wine (750 milliliters)
- 1 cup blackberry simple syrup
- 1/2 cup brandy or liqueur (or use St. Germain if you like floral flavors)
- 1 lemon, sliced thin and seeds removed
- 1 orange, sliced thin
- 2 ounces rose water
- Rose petals, for garnish
- 2 pints fresh blackberries
- 2 cans blackberry LaCroix sparkling water
1. Bring the sugar and water to a boil. Add chopped berries, then lower the flame to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
2. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer, squeezing all the liquid from the berry pulp.
4. Let cool before adding to the sangria
1. Combine the wine, syrup, liqueur (or brandy) and rose water in a serving pitcher. Add one pint of fresh blackberries and citrus slices, stir to combine.
2. Just before serving, add the LaCroix. Garnish each glass with blackberries and rose petals.
3. Serve over ice.