When you step up to Ronto Roasters in Galaxy's Edge at Disney's Hollywood Studios, you'll be met with a gigantic Pod Racing engine that is cooking the meats. Well, not really, but it sure does look like it! While these Ronto Wraps are made like the original recipe, you can also recreate the breakfast and vegan versions sold at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. For a Ronto Morning Wrap, fill your pita with scrambled eggs, pork sausage and cheese. And to make the Ronto-less Wrap, whip up some vegan sausage and top with kimchi and cucumbers.
Swap options: This recipe can be a bit labor intensive, but if you're looking for a quick lunch, here are some shortcuts to make these wraps in a snap: Use a pre-shredded coleslaw mix and bottled tzatziki sauce for the slaw and peppercorn sauce; get precooked sausages so they heat up quickly; skip the pork.
- 1 medium English cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-fat plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 4 medium cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons cracked black peppercorns
- 1 cup thin strips red cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup thin strips green cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (2.5-ounce) thin-cut pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 (6-inch long) pork sausages
- 6 pita breads
For the peppercorn sauce:
In a medium bowl, add cucumber and sprinkle with salt. Let sit 10 minutes, then place in a cloth or paper towel and squeeze out all the liquid.
In a separate large bowl, add yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, mint and peppercorns. Whisk to combine. Add cucumber and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the slaw:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together red cabbage, carrots, green cabbage and onion.
2. In a separate small bowl, mix together remaining ingredients.
3. Pour over vegetables and stir. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the wraps:
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and grill 4 minutes on each side.
2. Remove chops to a cutting board. Cook sausages on grill over medium heat until cooked through and hot, about 8 minutes.
3. Remove sausages to cutting board. Grill pita bread over medium heat until toasty, about 2 minutes.
4. Place 1 pork chop, 1 sausage and 1/6 of the slaw on pita bread and top with 1/6 of the peppercorn sauce. Fold into a taco. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook by Ashley Craft. Copyright © 2020 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by Harper Point Photography. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
TODAY has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not by TODAY.