If you have any leftover filling, freeze or refrigerate it and consider turning it into a salad topping for lunch the next day.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 3 cups or 2 sweet potatoes), diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (such as 1 box Pomi chopped tomatoes)
- 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less depending on your preference)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 whole-wheat tortilla wraps
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a pan, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until soft and slightly browned.
2. While that's roasting, add the tomatoes, black beans, corn, red pepper, cayenne, and rest of the cumin to a large pot, and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
3. Place a wrap on a plate, and microwave for 15 seconds so it becomes more soft and warm. Spoon out 1/4 of the tomato-bean mixture into the center of the tortilla. Add 1/4 of the roasted sweet potatoes. Fold in the sides of the wrap, then the bottom, then the top. Turn it over, place on a plate with some salsa, and enjoy! Or if you prefer a crunchier tortilla, pop the burrito in the oven for 15 minutes.