My favorite meals are ones that are well balanced and nutritious. Here, the salmon provides the protein and healthy fats, sweet potatoes bring vitamins and the broccolini adds fiber. It's an easy dinner that is flavorful, simple and satisfying.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 cups roughly chopped trimmed broccolini (bottom 1 inch of stems trimmed)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
2. Microwave the sweet potatoes on high for about 2 minutes. Slice the potatoes in half width-wise and then cut into wedges (or use an apple slicer to cut into wedges).
3. Toss the sweet potatoes with the broccolini, red onion, olive oil and herbes de provence in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange the vegetables on the preheated sheet pan, lay the salmon on top and season the salmon with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Pour the white wine onto the sheet pan. Roast until the fish is cooked and the vegetables are browned and crispy, 12-15 minutes.
5. Divide the salmon and vegetables among serving plates. Drizzle each plate with lemon juice and garnish with scallions and cilantro.