- 2 turnips, peeled and sliced in 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced in 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 3 acorn squash, seeds removed and sliced in wedges (skins can remain on)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 5 tablespoon rosemary sprigs, leaves removed and chopped
- 2 bunch es beets, stems removed and beets cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Toss all the vegetables except the beets in the olive oil, horseradish, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
3. Place on cookie sheets saving some oil for the beets.
4. Do not crowd the vegetables or they will steam instead of roast.
5. Then toss the beets in the same bowl, coating with the remaining oil, rosemary, horseradish, salt and pepper.
(Keep the beets separate because they will bleed their color onto the other vegetables if tossed together) 6. Place the beets on the cookie sheets with the other vegetables and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife or skewer.
7. Remove from oven, salt and pepper to taste, and place vegetables on a platter.
Make sure the vegetables are thoroughly coated with oil before roasting.