This Roasted Red Pepper dip is one of my favorite ways to use red bell peppers. Not only is it simple to make (all you do is place everything in the oven and blend it all up when it's finished) but it's remarkably flavorful and unbelievably versatile. Enjoy this dip with crackers or crudités, as a spread for sandwiches and flatbreads, a topper for salads or whatever else your heart desires!
Technique tip: Slice 1/4- to 1/2-inch off the top of the garlic bulb, drizzle with olive oil and cover with foil to ensure complete and flavorful roasting.
Special equipment: High-speed blender or food processor
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and de-seeded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Italian parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the halved and de-seeded bell peppers on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with the cumin, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Slice 1/4- to 1/2-inch off the top of the garlic bulb and drizzle some olive oil on top. Cover the garlic bulb in aluminum foil completely and place on the baking sheet.
4. Roast peppers and garlic on the same baking sheet: The peppers will need about 20 to 25 minutes, and the garlic approximately 30. Rotate the peppers halfway through cooking. The peppers should be completely tender when pierced with a fork, and the garlic should be golden and tender.
5. Remove the garlic cloves from the bulb and transfer to a high-speed blender or food processor along with the peppers.
6. Now, add the raw almonds, olive oil and lemon juice into the blender as well. Blend until smooth and thoroughly incorporated (it's OK if the dip is textured from the almonds — we love that!) Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Transfer the dip to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with freshly ground pepper and chopped Italian parsley.