- 4 teaspoons cricket powder
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic purée
- 1 teaspoon Sri Lanken roasted curry powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin powder
- 3 cups canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup hempseed tahini
- 1/2 cup sesame tahini
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Cricket powder lends a nutty flavor to this hummus that compliments the sesame and hemp. Plus, it provides an extra punch of protein.
Technique tip: Add extra lemon juice or water to achieve the desired texture.
Swap option: You can use coconut oil instead of olive oil. If you can't find Sri Lankan roasted curry, use regular curry powder.
Pulse the cricket powder with lemon juice in a food processor.2.
Add the garlic, curry and cumin and blend.3.
Add the chickpeas, hempseed tahini, sesame tahini and sesame oil and blend.4.
With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil, until the whole mixture is creamy and smooth, then add salt and pepper to taste (if the hummus is too thick, add a little water).5.
Serve with your favorite veggies or pita chips.