The three flavorful sauces are just as much the star of this dish as the roasted cauliflower. A portion of the proceeds of each roasted cauliflower dish sold at Etch benefits Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee.
Technique tip: Feta cream, roasted red bell pepper sauce and truffle pea pesto can all be made up to one day in advance and kept chilled.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 3 cups frozen green peas defrosted
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and warm
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 2 medium heads cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 1 cup marcona almonds, for garnish
- Microgreens, for garnish
For the feta cream:
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the feta and cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix to incorporate well. Chill until ready to serve.
For the roasted red bell pepper sauce:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut peppers in half and clean out the innards. Place on baking pan and set aside.
3. Place chopped tomatoes on small baking pan.
4. Roast both the peppers and tomatoes for about 20 minutes. The peppers are done when you can see dark spots; you want them to be dark, but do not remove. The tomatoes are done when almost all of the liquid is cooked off.
5. Meanwhile, place vegetable oil in small sauté pan. When hot, cook the garlic until medium brown in color.
6. When all items are cooked, place tomatoes, peppers and all remaining ingredients into blender and mix until very smooth.
7. Chill the sauce until ready to serve.
For the truffle pea pesto:
Place all ingredients into blender and process until very smooth (if too thick, add a touch of water).
For the roasted cauliflower:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Clean and trim the cauliflower heads into 2-inch pieces.
3. Place the cauliflower in large bowl and toss with the vegetable oil and salt and toss to coat well.
4. Place cauliflower on sheet tray and roast until the tops are caramelized.
5. Meanwhile, mix truffle oil and remaining tablespoon vegetable oil.
1. Decorate the plate with the three sauces: Add a few spoonfuls of pea pesto and feta cream, then add dots or drizzle roasted red pepper sauce.
2. Place cauliflower on dish and drizzle with truffle oil mixture.
3. Garnish with toasted almonds and a few microgreens for color.