Chopped cucumbers and a splash of vinegar brighten up roasted broccoli in this flavorful side.
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Persian or regular cucumber, chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon ume plum vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Toss the broccoli with the olive oil, shallots, cilantro, salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, then allow to cool.
3. Toss the roasted broccoli with the cucumbers and vinegar. Serve.