This quick and easy recipe adds a hint of garlic and nuttiness, but lets the full, fresh flavor of the asparagus shine through.
- 1 pound thick asparagus, trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. On a baking sheet, toss the asparagus and garlic with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the center of the oven for about 18 minutes, until the asparagus is tender and charred in spots.
3. Transfer to a plate, top with toasted almonds and serve.