My mother used to prepare these for me as a child. She would sometimes make them with roast beef, ham, chicken or even Swiss bacon. Each time I open one up it was like a pleasant surprise. These little puppies have wonderful flavor bursts and are just plain fun to eat!
Technique tip: Do not cut the bread slices to thick. Make petit sandwiches; it is not uncommon for hungry guest to eat 5 to 8 of these. They are always a huge hit!
- 2 baguettes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Horseradish sauce
- 2 pounds roast sirloin, sliced
- One round Brie cheese
- Cranberry jelly
- Cranberry sauce
1. Spread a little horseradish sauce onto each baguette (not too much you don't want it to be overpowering).
2. Place a slice of sirloin roast on to the baguette. Cut a paper thin slice of the cranberry jelly and stack it on the beef.
3. Cut the brie in half and then slice a full thin strip from one of the center edges and then half the strip. Place the two slices on top of the jelly.
4. Take 1/2 teaspoon of the cranberry sauce and spread it over the Brie slices.
5. Top with the other horseradish baguette slice. Repeat with remaining ingredients.