Sweet chocolate, creamy caramel and nutty pecans make these easy cookies a surefire crowd pleaser. They're also fun for kids of all ages to make.
Technique tip: Be sure to stir the caramel after each timed interval to make sure it doesn't burn.
Swap option: Swap the caramel filling for peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. You can also sub toffee bits for the pecans.
(By TODAY with our sponsor Mondelez)
- 12 caramels
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 24 Ritz crackers
- 1 package chocolate almond bark
- 12 pecan halves, for decoration
1. Combine caramel and heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Heat at 15 minute intervals until smooth. Let caramel cool until thickened, stirring occasionally to keep it smooth.
2. Place 1 teaspoon of caramel on a Ritz cracker, then sandwich a second cracker on top. Repeat with remaining crackers and caramel. Place assembled crackers on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and place in refrigerator to harden.
3. Melt chocolate almond bark according to package directions. Dip sandwich cookies in chocolate and return to the the parchment-lined pan.
4. Place pecan pieces on top of cookies and let cool. Return cookies to the refrigerator until they are set. Store the finished cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.