These pancakes are moist, creamy and delicious! The cranberry sauce [**LINK Orange and Walnut Cranberry Sauce LINK**] adds such a nice compliment to the creaminess of the ricotta.
Technique tip: To make the cranberry sauce less thick, warm it up in a sauce pan with a little water. If your batter is too thick, add milk to loosen it up a bit.
Swap option: You can swap in gluten-free flour.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix (optional)
- 1/2 orange, zested and juiced
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Cranberry sauce
- Maple syrup, to serve
1. In a large bowl, add the ricotta, egg, flour, milk, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice mix and orange zest and juice. Whisk to combine, but do not overmix.
2. Heat a pan or griddle to medium and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Ladle circles of the pancake batter onto the griddle and let cook.
3. While one side is cooking, pour some of the cranberry sauce on to the uncooked side of the pancake. Once bubbles start to appear on the uncooked side, flip them over to finish cooking.
4. Serve with more cranberry sauce and maple syrup.