- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into large chunks
- One 11-ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- One 12-ounce can Dr Pepper or other cola
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1. Break apart the onion quarters inside the Instant Pot.
2. Season the cubed pork shoulder with salt and pepper and place the meat on top of onions. Top with the can of chipotles, Dr Pepper and brown sugar.
3. Lock the lid, set vent to Sealing place on Manual, and set the timer for 35 minutes.
4. When done, allow to Naturally Vent for 10 minutes. Release the pressure and remove the lid. Remove the pork to a cutting board with a slotted spoon and shred.
5. With a ladle or spoon, remove as much fat off the top of the liquid as possible. Return the pork to the pot and stir to combine.
6. Serve on warm flour tortillas or buns. Top with any of your favorite toppings like shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, grated cheese, avocado slices, salsa and serve with lime wedges.