We love this adult version of a kiddie favorite.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Crushed ice
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup white rum
- 1/4 cup blue curacao
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil, dissolve sugar. Reduce heat, boil at a simmer for approximately 2 minutes.
For the red syrup:
1. Pour half of the simple syrup over the strawberries. Allow to sit for 1 hour, then puree in a blender with the rum. Strain through a sieve and set aside.
For the blue syrup:
1. Combine remaining syrup, lime juice, and curacao. Stir. Chill syrups until ready to serve.
2. For ice: use a snow cone machine or blend ice in a blender. Scoop crushed ice into glasses, then pour syrups over ice.