This easy, make-ahead salad is light, fresh and perfect for eating al fresco. It's great for picnics, bringing to the beach or enjoying at a backyard barbecue.
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 pint (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, zested
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan with enough cold water to cover by at least 2 inches. Bring the water to a boil and continue boiling until the potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander and let dry for 5 minutes.
In a serving bowl, combine the potatoes, tomatoes, scallions, olives, parsley, capers, thyme, olive oil and lemon zest. Toss gently until all ingredients are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour and gently toss again before serving.