We're told to never eat raw cookie dough as children for good reason; raw eggs and flour can make you sick. But this gives you all the flavor and fun without the risk. Eat it as is or stir chunks of this into vanilla ice cream for homemade cookie dough ice cream!
Technique tip: Sifting is important to avoid clumps; if you don't have a sifter, just place the dry ingredients in a bowl and fluff with a whisk. It's important to not swap in all-purpose flour; flour is a raw food which means it has not been treated for harmful germs like E.coli.
Swap option: Two different flours give this dough a more unique flavor profile, but you can use all almond flour or all oat flour. You can also swap in other grain-free flours from the health food store, too. Be creative; instead of almond butter, try peanut butter. Instead of small chocolate chips, break up a chocolate bar into smaller chunks.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 cup miniature dark chocolate chips
1. Sift the almond flour, oat flour and sea salt in a medium bowl, and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, vanilla extract and almond butter.
3. Add the maple mixture into the flour mixture, stirring until evenly combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 10-20 minutes, for a firmer texture.