Pecans are a great source of protein while being a great natural meat substitute! They make delicious tacos among other things!
- Raw pecans
- Liquid aminos
- Garlic powder
- Low-sodium taco seasoning
- Onion powder
- White mushrooms, chopped
- Green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Red onion, chopped
- Oil, for cooking
- Taco shells, for serving
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the pecans, liquid aminos, garlic powder, taco seasoning and onion powder. Let it all boil together for about 10-12 minutes.
2. Drain the pecans and throw them in the food processor along with the mushrooms, bell peppers, onion and more liquid aminos, and blend.
3. After blending, put oil in your pan and add some more taco seasoning, a little more garlic powder with the pecan mixture and sauté until brown.
4. Then finally, get your taco shells and put that pecan mix on there with your favorite taco toppings (I like to add some guacamole, a little mango salsa and cilantro) and enjoy, because that's your business.