The chocolate-hazelnut flavor of Nutella goes amazingly well with fresh raspberries. The warm chocolate cake is made even more delicious by little bursts of raspberries in each bite.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or milk alternative
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons Nutella, divided
- 8 fresh raspberries, divided
- Powdered sugar, to garnish
1. Spray a 6-ounce mug with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the flours, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
3. In another small bowl, whisk the butter, yogurt, milk and vanilla extract together.
4. Microwave the Nutella in a heatproof measuring cup for 30 seconds then add 2 teaspoons of it to the wet ingredients. Stir in 5 of the raspberries. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and mix thoroughly.
5. Spoon the cake mixture into the bottom of the mug. Place in the microwave and cook for 45 seconds. If the top of the cake still looks very wet, cook for another 10 seconds. Allow the cake to sit for 1 minute to fully cook.
6. Garnish with powdered sugar, the remaining 3 raspberries and the remaining teaspoon Nutella. Enjoy!