Tender herbs, crunchy veggies and spicy vinaigrette give this easy-to-assemble salad tons of fresh flavor. It has all of the colors of the rainbow!
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced Thai chili
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Persian cucumber, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1/8 cup fennel bulb, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup green and yellow wax beans, blanched and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/8 cup orange pepper, cut into 1-inch long sticks
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced red finger chiles
- 5 oil cured olives, pitted and halved
- 3 mint leaves, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 3 basil leaves, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 4 tablespoons vinaigrette (recipe above)
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the vinaigrette:
In a container, mix all the ingredients well. Cover and reserve until ready to use.
For the salad:
In a small bowl, arrange ingredients in the order listed.