- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot
- 2 summer squash
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups cooked red quinoa
- 5-6 scallions (white and light green parts only), coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup chopped, toasted almonds
In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add ½ the shallot and sauté for 1 minute. Add the squash and sauté until tender, 8-10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, transfer to a large serving bowl and let cool.
In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and the remaining ½ shallot and whisk to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the vinaigrette, quinoa, scallions and parsley to the squash and gently toss to combine. Check the seasoning then garnish with the almonds and additional parsley.