Try acclaimed chef Angelo Sosa's one-pot quinoa 'risotto,' a healthy twist on an Italian classic.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped ginger
- ¼ cup small-diced semi-dried chorizo (or fresh raw chorizo)
- 1 ½ cups red quinoa (or any color raw quinoa)
- 2 - 2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup corn kernels, cut off cob (or frozen if not fresh)
- ½ cup large-diced vine-ripened tomato
- 3 tablespoons soft goat cheese
- 5 sprigs fresh basil
- 10 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
In a medium pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic and ginger and cook until aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add chorizo and quinoa and cook another 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cover pot, lower heat and cook on low for 8 minutes.Uncover pot and check on quinoa. If dry, add a bit more broth or water.
Stir in shrimp, corn and tomato, and cook another 3-4 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through.
Scoop into serving bowls and garnish with goat cheese and a few sprigs of herbs.