Quinoa is packed with protein, while avocado has plenty of good-for-you fats so this salad will keep you satiated for a long time.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 medium avocados
- 3 ounces baby spinach, more as desired
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions (or finely diced red onion)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Cook the quinoa according to package directions. I use a ratio of about 1 cup quinoa to 1 1/2 cups water for fluffier quinoa.
2. Meanwhile, roughly chop the spinach. Place it into a large bowl.
3. Mince garlic and add to spinach.
4. Slice the green onions, halve the cherry tomatoes and dice the avocado.
5. When the quinoa is done cooking, add 2 cups of it to the large bowl with spinach and toss. The heat from the quinoa will lightly wilt the spinach and mellow the harshness of the garlic. Set aside another 2 cups of quinoa in the refrigerator for this recipe.
6. Add the green onions, tomatoes, red wine vinegar and salt. Stir to combine.
7. Add the avocado and lightly toss.
8. Serve the salad immediately or refrigerate it to let flavors blend together a bit more.