Make a dozen of these grab-and-go egg cups at a time and keep the extras in the refrigerator or freezer. Then you can easily reheat them in a toaster oven or microwave for quick weekday meal.
Technique tip: Enjoy these mini quiches with a side of mixed berries and chopped toasted pecans for a filling and nutritious breakfast.
- 2 slices nitrite- and sugar-free bacon or ham, chopped
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk, milk or water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place liners in 12 muffin cups.
2. In a large skillet cook bacon until almost crisp. Add the spinach, tomato, and green onions and cook about 1 minute to wilt the spinach. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, red pepper flakes, and if using, cheese. Stir in bacon-vegetable mixture. Ladle into prepared muffin cups.
4. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until eggs are set. Serve while warm or freeze for later!