- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup International Delight® Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf French or Italian bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup International Delight® Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
- powdered sugar or maple syrup, for serving
- toasted, chopped pecans, for serving, optional
In a medium bowl beat together filling ingredients until light and fluffy.
Cut the loaf of bread into 10-12 slices, 1-inch-thick. Make a slit in each piece creating a deep pocket nearly all the way through the bread. Fill each pocket with a heaping tablespoon of filling.
Beat together eggs and 1 cup International Delight in a deep bowl. Heat a lightly greased or nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Dip filled slices into the egg mixture, coating on each side. Cook on hot griddle and until both sides are golden brown. Keep cooked French toast warm while you cook remaining filled slices.
Dust with powdered sugar or serve with maple syrup and sprinkle with nuts, if using. Makes 10-12 slices.