A smoky, salty and sweet combination of ingredients, this hash recipe uses the iconic canned meat in its new pumpkin spice flavor for an easy fall breakfast.
Spam Pumpkin Spice and Fall Vegetable Hash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (12-ounce) can Spam Pumpkin Spice, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered (about 1 cup)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 fried eggs, if desired
In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Cook onions 3 minutes, or until translucent. Add sweet potatoes and cook 7 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
Stir in the cubes of Spam, Brussels sprouts and apple. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until everything is heated through and well browned.
Season the dish with pepper. Serve with eggs, if desired.